PHOTO: BUTTERFLIES ON THE GROUND IN BERE.
I'm sitting here after a bath. If you haven't taken baths since you were a child, please, try it again.
I've burned almost all of my incense these past few weeks and just in time too, because, tomorrow, I leave for Africa, where I'll get to know the Arabs and they'll introduce me to the many kinds of incense that filter through the huts and lanes of Bere.
thinking of you!!
ReplyDeletej.
Oh Em. This is a good thing. And even though I have NO idea what I'm going to do without you here in the states and it's going to be super weird not talking to you EVERY SINGLE DAY. This was a good decision for you. Remember when you were in the valley of indecision? Look what God has done! I was thinking about this today. And there are TONS of things that lead me to believe that THIS is where God was taking you the whole time. Let's talk about it more tomorrow... oh man, do I have to say goodbye to you tomorrow?? Yeesh.
ReplyDeleteEmily!
ReplyDeleteYou are so special! I'm glad to have a friend like you in my life, even though our friendship has become quite sporadic since we've gotten older, but its still so good. Every time I wear your shirts I will think and pray for you and for your safety and for all the lives of the people you will be touching with your infectious and joyous spirit. You're so amazing! and I'm lucky to know you. Thinking of you always makes me smile, and I'm glad we got to have at least a couple phone chats lately. You always inspire me to be great. I will miss you friend! but I always miss you anyhow. Hope our lives will cross paths again soon. Be safe, and not to trusting. I love you! and am always thinking of you
~Carley
Waiting to hear if you all made it to Bere. Found a cup of half drunk tea on the counter at home today...it reminded me of our early mornings:) Love you, mom
ReplyDeleteAm anxious to see the 7 or 8 blogs you have already written...waiting for the time when you can get them to Fletcher to post! Glad Phillip has had so many great film opportunities. Glad your African family is so loving and welcoming. Glad all are healthy and loving the cultural immersion:) Love you, mom and dad
ReplyDelete